Over on my left is a list of the eleven steps John August utilizes when writing a scene. Many of you know August from his collaborations with Tim Burton (Corpse Bride, Charlie & The Chocolate Factory, Big Fish). But it's his independent works that always stick with me (The Nines and Go). Whether big or… Continue reading John August’s advice on How To Write A Scene
Contently held their annual Summit recently and asked around what people look for when hiring freelance writers. Worth a read seeing what they had to say... What Top Brand Publishers Look For in Freelancers.
READ THIS to know how what you write in emails COULD COME ACROSS THE WRONG WAY because of a simple CAPS LOCK. Or a simple greeting like Hello! or a simple reply of Yes! or No! can be misread by an improper use of punctuation. Replying to a simple invitation to go for coffee with a No! would indicate to the inviter that not only might you despise coffee but also them, in general.
Have you ever received an email that is written in a non-professional tone? To be honest, it’s hard to take that email serious if it isn’t written with professional etiquette. Here is what employers say about writing professional etiquette emails.
1. No professional email address, no job for you.
- Lilragamuffin@ and workhardforthe$@ just doesn’t work. Literally, they probably aren’t working if they’re using that email address.
- Brand your email address after your name or your website.
- What does your email say about you?
2. Make sure your name populates when sending an email from your phone.
3. No signature or no name. Employers response….DELETE.
- Employers need to know: Your Name, Title, Contact Info
- Don’t forget to add a signature to your response email settings too.
View original post 129 more words
GRAMMAR! Not Grammer. That's an actor on Cheers and Frasier. Ugh, if I'd had a pebble of sand for every grammatical error that tripped up the flow of a script I'd read in my career... my backyard would have a private beach. Add in e-mails and letters received, a desert theme park. I was ready… Continue reading 15 Grammar Goofs That Make You Look Silly
Ok, you hopefully just read the article we posted before this one about what you can do with your Creative Writing degree. And you've been getting leads with Advertisers from us. But what about the Freelance opportunities? Well, there are plenty of Freelance opportunities out there. Just not in the places everyone else is looking… Continue reading A Hidden Market For Freelance Writers