- LIMIT YOUR WORK: Use only a few samples of your strongest, most up to date work—However, include a bit of each skill set.
- KEEP IT CLEAN: Remove any inappropriate work that could cause a employer to reject you. Example: overly sexual, overly religious or overly political work.
- KEEP IT OPEN: Make your portfolio clean, open and professional looking – remove all clutter. Make sure its easy to navigate and text is readable.
- BRANDING: Your resume and website should have a uniform look and feel.
- TARGET: Keep your portfolio targeted to your audience. Do some research on the industry/businesses you wish to work for. Look on their websites, ads, marketing pieces, etc.
- UPDATE: Try an update your online samples every 3-6 months. This keeps your work fresh and keeps viewers coming back to see what’s new.
FREE Portfolio Sites : If you do not have a website, here are a few FREE online portfolio sites where you can showcase your work:
- Contently – Whether as a Company or Journalist, they offer easy portfolio setup.
- im creator – Easy, Clean, Multimedia, Sleek Portfolio Designs *
- Vimeo – Multimedia portfolios, demo reels, Artist Network
- Weebly – Easy, Clean, Multimedia, Sleek Portfolio Designs *
- WebyDo – HTML 5, Drag, Drop, No Coding, Easy to Create Your Own!
- WIX – HTML 5, Drag and Drop, No Coding, GREAT TEMPLATES!!! *****
- WordPress – Easy, Clean, Multimedia, many Blog Templates to choose from
PORTFOLIO EXAMPLES: Take a look at these online portfolio sample sites. They are simple, professional looking and easy to navigate.